BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 26, 2010

Miscarraige or Molar Pregnancy TRIGS

I spotted a little last night, but I wasn't overly concerned. I had some minor spotting with Ellie around that same time. Plus the spotting went away, until this afternoon. I had already called the dr.'s office and they wanted to see because of high blood pressure readings, my clogged ears, and the spotting I thought I should report. This afternoon I started spotting just a bit more, so I was happy that I had made an appointment.

My doctor is on vacation so I had to see another doctor, who is absolutely awesome. He did an ultrasound and delivered the news one is never ready for, but I tried to prepare myself for. He said he's not seeing what he should be seeing at 6wks. There was no yolk sac, no fetal pole, no beating heart, nowhere for a beating heart. I said, so it looks like a miscarriage? He said yeah, or what he's concerned about is a molar pregnancy. A few times during the u/s as I looked at this screen with a thick uterus lining, but nothing else, I started to get a little choked up, but I stayed strong. This kind of thing happens to a lot of women, right. They survive, I will too.

I have to go back on Monday for repeat Beta's, an ultra sound, and an appointment with my doctor. The doctor I saw today gave me a script for pain meds in case I need them this weekend, told me to try to get rest. Told me when I would need to go to the ER and call the on call number...hopefully it wont be that bad though. So he's pretty sure it's not a vialable pregnancy. He said I'll probably be having a D&C next week. Ugh, I hope not. My mom is having back surgery on Monday. Simon will be back out trucking. MIL can't get off work. Grandma will be taking care of my mom. Nana will be all that's left to get me to and fro, and who will babysit Ellie if nana is with me. Hopefully I will pass this on my own.

I'll let you all know how things go as I can this weekend and Monday.

5 comments:

Elana said...

I am so, so sorry! Miscarriages are one of life's worst curve balls. I really hope you don't have a molar pregnancy, because they sometimes have to do chemo to get rid of the abnormally growing cells....and then you are not allowed to get pregnant for a full year. So I have my fingers and toes crossed that it is "only" a miscarriage, so you can bounce back much more quickly. BIG HUGE HUGS!!!!!!! It hurts a ton now, but the emotional pain does lessen with time.

~*JaYmE*~ said...

I am so very sorry Sherry... there is no good reason why these things happen & it sucks. I'll be thinking if you....

Christina said...

So sorry Sherry.

Coco said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Sherry.

Misty Dawn said...

I'm sorry for your loss Sherry. I've been through so very many and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. (((HUGS)))