BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Simon made it home for Thanksgiving. The week following Thanksgiving he tested to upgrade out of training. Of course he passed everything. Then the stinkin company strung him along and claimed they couldn't get in touch with his assigned teammate. Apparently they were telling his teammate the same. Anyway, as of yesterday they are together and have the truck and are just waiting for a load. His teammate has a 4 kids, one is 8 months old; Ellie's 8 months too. Kinda cool. He and his wife think it's important for her to stay home with the kids too. So that pretty cool. They both have many reasons for keeping that truck moving. Team drivers get paid more and both are very excited about earning a good living for their families.

Guess who is ready to TTC#2?? Simon. The first time around I was all over it, that maternal instinct thing, and I really felt Simon was just along for the ride. I mean he wanted a baby too, but NOTHING like I did. And now he so excited about trying for another one. I have been excited about another one since a few months after having Ellie. He wants me to get my IUD out, and for us to start trying in February, then by May or June he will put in a request to come home on expected "right" days. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. But, I'm NERVOUS. Maybe I'll be more ready in a few months. My BIGGEST fear, is that I will get pregnant quickly with TWINS while having Ellie, and Simon still being over the road. Can you imagine, a lets say 18-20 month old and a set of twin infants. How would I go grocery shopping??? Pull a buggy w/ a kid and groceries, and push a buggy with 2. I'm not saying I will have twins, but there is always that chance since I have a family history of twins. And easy for Simon to be ready for another one, he will only be home a couple day every few weeks. He wont have to deal with the sleepless nights and all the crying. So yeah, I'm glad he's all over having another one, but I'm not all over the idea just yet. BUT, I am getting my IUD taken out on Monday. I stopped breastfeeding just over a month ago and since then I've been getting migraines like crazy. I know it's from the hormones in the IUD, though not much there are still some. I'm just very sensitive to hormones. I couldn't even handle clomid. By the 3rd straight month my migraine lasted a week and it was so bad that I wasn't going to agree to clomid anymore. So goodbye IUD. I mean seriously with a trucker husband what are the chances of pregnancy anyway??? I think we'll wing it.

Ellie is doing great. She still isn't talking, but I think I'm going to say it's because she's an only child and I'm a SAHM. If we still only have "ahhhs" I will talk to her doctor at the 9 month appointment. But I'm not so worried now. She's now pulling up to stand, and let me tell you, every time I turn around she's standing with something. Ellie still has a cough and clear snot. But, they want to still do the bronchioscope next Wednesday. I'm dreading the aftermath with the high fever. She's going to be so pitiful.

We have icicle lights up outside, and I have some garland and lights around the 2 white post on our porch area. It's kinda pretty. I also put our tree up. I had to get a new tree because our old one, was just a bit puny for me. The old one was 6ft, and I wanted taller, though didn't get the one I really want yet. The new one is 6.5ft, and it's pretty nice for now. I have the tree decorated and a lot of presents already under the tree. I'm not quite finished with my shopping yet. I have 2 more things to get for Ellie, 1 more thing for Simon, and small things for some extended family. Most I know what I'm getting, a few I'm at a lost. But I'm at a stand still till next Friday. So I'll be pushing it some. I may get some before then.

Here's what we have Ellie:
-My Pal Violet (It's a leapfrog toy, a dog stuff animal, that you hook it w/ a USB cord to your computer. Put in the child's name, favorite color, food, and animal, and pick 5 daytime songs, and 5 night time songs. It will teach the spelling of the child's name through song and has other personalized songs. You can go online and change it as child's preferences change. I will do that when she develops more likes.)
-toy drum
-tambourene
-Baby Einstein take along tunes (7 classical song, kind of like MP3 player)
-2 PJ's
-Jacket
-Some toys that aren't for bath time, but they will be in our house. We can't use typical bath time toys because of the risk of psuedomonas.
-Leapfrog spin and sing alphabet zoo. (She seemed to really like it in the store)
-Books
What's left to get her, not much.
-Simon wants to get her V-tech sit to stand dancing tower
-I want to get her a small Boombox w/ CD player for her playroom. Found the perfect one at K-Mart.
-I want to get 1-2 outfits, not pricey ones so hopefully I can get 2. She is getting into the sizes that she doesn't have full supply of.
-Potty chair (ok, before you think she's too young, I was her age, actually younger when my mom started putting me on the potty chair a few times a day and early potty training really did work. Now of course it's not going to be complete until she's walking and talking, but I would rather start now than have to deal with it later when she's more mobile and stubborn because of age. So I'm getting it, to try it out).

I know my mom, aunt, grandma, and Simon's mom, grandma, and probably a few others will be getting her some things. So I think Ellie will have a very nice 1st Christmas. Which I've already figured out she will enjoy the wrapping paper above all else.

For Simon I have:
-football
-good winter boots (gave to him early)
-MP3 player (same kind from last year, it got washed in the washer so I got a new one)
-2 PJ's
-electric steamer
-memory card for camera
-may get him a new digital camera
-a case/carrier for his toiletries
I think that's all I got for him

The problem was coming up with things for my list. I was at such a lost, now after he went shopping I think of things. The only thing I could think of were socks, blender, and crock pot. I got myself pj's, and are you smarter than a 5th grader dvd game. But now I want Mad Gab, t-shirts for working out, the storage bags you get the air out of (great for storing Ellie's old clothes), and a couple long skirts. Oh well. What will be the best for me is for Simon and Ellie to be happy. And that's not just a line, that's seriously what I want.

So I'll post again in a few month...just kidding. I'll post again, but not tomorrow. LOL. I guess for me to have half way descent post I have to wait a while between. I'm not as creative and don't live as eventful of a life as others.

0 comments: