BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 2, 2009

pseudomona???

Ellie had her throat swab last week we got the results Friday afternoon. She tested positive for Pseudomonas and staph. They said the next step would be the bronchial scope which was already scheduled. I am clueless with what this pseudomonas or whatever is. I have googled it and I'm not finding the answers I have questions about. If any of you CF mom's or patients have any knowledge...I'm sure you do, then I would appreciate some info. What is it? What kind of treatments will Ellie most likely have??

I'll post later Halloween stuff. I have to wake her up so I can get her ready for a swallow study.

This is what she tested positive for Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas

1 comments:

Katey said...

Pseudomonas is just another type of bacterial infection. A lof of parents or families will make it out to seem like it is one of the worse type of bacteria to culture. It's not. It is serious just like any other infection, but sometimes more difficult to treat and may require a longer period of treatment than other cultured bacteria. I cultured this almost every time when I was a child with CF. More than likely, after the bronchoscopy, they will confirm the culture and put Ellie on antibiotics (possibly IV antibiotics) to treat the infection. Tobramycin is a very common abx to treat pseudomonas. Try not to worry, as everything will be ok. Ellie will get infections, that's just the part of CF life.