BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prayers needed

Before I give the official reason for prayers, I want to do a quick baby update. We came home Tuesday and that night was rough. My mom helped me out, but it was very hard. Wed. we had her first appointment, and he put her in the hospital because she was jaundice and dehydrated. My milk is being a pain, so we are having to pump and supplement with formula. Yuck. But, whatever we have to do. She got out of the hospital this morning and is doing great. She is very content, and hopefully it wont be too bad tonight, for a number of reasons.

For the prayer request. When Ellie I were about to leave the hospital, Simon's truck driving instructor called my phone to inform me that he was being taken to the hospital because of a twisted knee. So Ellie, my mom, and myself headed down to the ER to see what was up with my hubby. Turns out he broke his fibula right under the knee. The doctor is baffled as to why it happened. He will be doing surgery early in the morning, at 7:15EST. The doctor said he will put the bone back together, like putting a mosiac together. Any missing pieces he will use artificial bone. This is the first time I've had to deal with my hubby being in surgery. I love him so much, I hope everything goes well.

But don't stop praying after tomorrow morning, or if you don't think about it till later, it wont be too late. There is a 3 month recovery where he can't have ANY weight on his leg. Less see, a newborn + a hubby who can't put any weight on his leg = a hard and unpredictable near future. Simon was in trucking school and was really excited about all of it. But then this happens. It was going to work out great because I would be able to stay at home with our sweet pea. Now we aren't sure what the plans are. My job is a very sucky paying job, and I'm extremely miserable doing it, not to mention, it's an hour away. But, who will watch the baby while I'm not at home. Simon can't not put weight on his leg and care for a baby. Not gonna work. So keep the prayers coming.

I promise pictures will come soon, maybe next week. Our lives are chaotic right now.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I will keep all of you in my prayers. I know the timing really stinks, but I know God has a plan. Hang in there!

littlesteps said...

Wow. So much to deal with all at once! You and your hubby will definitely be in my prayers.

Carrie said...

My son broke his fibula, tibula and ankle in football practice last year. It was a long recovery for him too. I am so sorry this has happened...just remember....this to shall pass!

Katey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Simon. All of you will definitely be in my prayers! Like Cindy said, God has a plan and will take care of you...promise!

kimjj514 said...

Oh Sherry, I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

M said...

Oh no Sherry. I'll be praying for you for healing for your hubby after his surgery and energy and patience for you as you take care of Ellie. (((HUGS)))

Julie said...

Oh my gosh Sherry. I'm so sorry this has happened. I will definately beign praying that your hubby has a quick recovery and that you two will be able to figure somethign out in the meantime.

Morgan said...

Dang girl, I'm sorry all of this is happening to you all. You and your family are definitly in my thoughts and prayers!