BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm back

We're back from out trip. It was WONDERFUL! I'm so glad we went. We stayed at the bed and breakfast which was nice, as always. We did a few "tourist" things and stayed away from our area of town as much as we could, so it would feel more like we were actually out. We went to a place called Ruby Falls. It's on the mountain, and you go under ground via elevator. You walk through with a group and tour guide and see all kinds of cool thing in the cave. It was a mile of walking and I was very nervous about it. It hurt some walking, but in the long run I think it was good for me. It was totally even ground, some steps and stuff. That night I was in a good amount of pain. Every time I tried to roll over in bed, it was very painful. Plus heartburn was no fun. And, I have to sleep with no lights, no TV on, and no sound. Since Simon works 3rd shift, he woke up in the middle of the night, turned the TV on, which woke me up. Urg. I wasn't happy. I woke up many times during the first night. Some for the bathroom, some from heartburn, some from ECP, and some from the TV. Yesterday we went driving, watched some hang gliders, went to our church (I know, not a tourist activity, but we wanted to go), and went to a state park. Oh, and we found this really awesome buffet. I always say that is should be the law that any buffet, should have hand sanitizer available and request people use it. This place, actually had 2 big things of it and requested it. Oh, and in bathrooms, you know how it's law to post that employees must wash their hands in the bathroom. This place also had signs requesting EVERYBODY wash there hands. How awesome is that. Ok, so here's my problem with buffets. You use the utensils to put food on your plate, the same utensils many others of have used. You eat your food, lick your fingers, cough, and then go back to the buffet and get more food. Meanwhile everybody there and all that's been there that day have done the same thing. Talk about disgusting germs. So having hand sanitizer at a buffet, only makes sense. Plus the quality of the food was awesome. It was clearly home cooked type food, not frozen stuff reheated.
Sleep last night was AWESOME. Well, compared to the first night anyway. I didn't have much ECP, just a tad of pain, nothing terrible. Heartburn didn't happen. Simon did turn the TV on in the middle of the night which disturbed my sleep. Then he wanted to study for his CDL, but I recommended him going down to the Waffle House. How genius of me. He got so much accomplished, and I got 4 or so hours of peaceful sleep without TV interuption. We did a little today, and now we're home. Vacation is home, which is great, I'm so tired.
I have learned though, that lots of walking, though it may be painful at times, has really helped this ECP. I have an appointment with the OBGYN in a couple days, so I'll still talking about it. Then next Tuesday is my high risk and the pulminologist appointment. My sister in law has a good friend who has a little boy with CF. She is also available for me to talk to and stuff. I'm looking forward to meeting her.

1 comments:

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Glad you had a nice trip and are home safe and sound:)
I hope you can get some more sleep soon, b/c once the baby is born you'll be up every 2 hours to feed. Trust me I'm feelin it right now:(
M