BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

It seems like 7yrs ago was just yesterday. I can't believe that it has been that long since the entire nation was glued to the TV as we watched the 2nd tower fell. I'm getting cold chill bumbs just thinking about it.
Where were you when it happened?
How did you find out?
What were your thoughts and feelings?

It was my first semester in college. I'll never forget, it was a Tuesday morning. I went to my first 8:00am-9:15am class, Freshman Seminar. When it was over, I had until 10:00am before my next class, so I went to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. I sat down with my tray, and watched the 2nd tower fall. I could not finish eating my breakfast. There were only a couple other students in the rather large cafeteria and I felt alone. So, I left the cafeteria, to find a huge group of people gathering around the large T.V. I joined the group of strangers as we watched the news. The time came that I had to go to my American History since 18 (something) class. I went to class, and everybody looked like zombies. The professor talked for a few minutes about what was going, and dismissed class. She said that our children and grandchildren would be learning about the day in their American History classes one day. I went back to my dorm room to find out that all classes had been canceled. For the remainder of the day, it seemed that every dorm room was open, every T.V. was on a news channel, and for once, you would make eye contact with perfect strangers as you walked down the sidewalk. Nobody wanted to be left a lone. Each were hurting and morning in their own way. Some had friends and family who lived and worked in the area. Most in my area new that friends and family and some of them, would be deployed in the months to come. Fear struck over all, as we were fairly close to a large Army base. We all knew to some extent what the future held.

May we never forget those who lost their lives, and those who lost loved ones in the tragedy on 9/11. May God give you peace, as yet another year has passed.

1 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

I have to comment...I was ALSO a 1st semester freshman in college and I was ALSO going to a seminar type class...WEEEEIRD!